June 7, 2017 – TRA Newswire –
Gary Thomas, President and Executive Director of Dallas Area Rapid Transit will be one of the top U.S. transit leaders participating in a Monday, June 12 briefing on the Trump Administration’s proposed budget cuts to transportation in the fiscal year 2018 budget.
Hosted by the American Public Transportation Association (APTA) the briefing will describe their programs that are at risk and what it means for the cities and communities they serve. APTA President and CEO Richard White will give a national perspective on this critical issue. Other public transit leaders will describe what increased investment in public transportation projects would mean for their transit systems and their local communities.
The briefing will be held at the Baltimore Marriott Inner Harbor at Camden Yards and is part of the annual APTA Rail Conference.
Joining Thomas at the briefing will be
· Doran J. Barnes, Chair, American Public Transportation Association and Executive Director, Foothill Transit, West Covina, CA
· Richard A. White, Acting President and CEO, American Public Transportation Association, Washington, DC
· Peter Rogoff, CEO, Sound Transit, Seattle, WA
· Nuria Fernandez, General Manager/CEO, Valley Transportation Authority, San Jose, CA
· Mark Fuhrmann, Deputy General Manager, Metro Transit, Minneapolis, MN
· John Porcari, Interim Executive Director, Gateway Development Corporation